Saturday, November 22, 2008

my little elephant


i just wrote a whole post and somehow it all got deleted. i guess i don't understand how to use this blog yet.

well, here is take #2

i started sewing again! it has been a long time since i bought my sewing machine, almost a year since our remaining home items took a quilting class with crazy pat, and i haven't made a single thing since then. i still haven't even picked up my quilt from the parks and rec dept! i think pat kind of scared me off--she was pretty crazy.

this little elephant was made from the scraps of that baby rastafusion quilt made in that class. it took me a couple hours and is a bit crooked, but overall pretty cute. and more importantly, it got me back on the sewing machine and ready for another project.

i am currently stuck at home, super sick and snotty with a gross cold. it sucks, but at least i have lots of time to search and start a new project! miss you all!

6 comments:

Angela McGregor said...

that elephant is C-U-T-E!

emily said...

oh my gosh that is amazing. you so crafty! i'm a little sick myself.

Ms. Malik said...

i just left the house for the first time in two days and guess who i saw at the corner store in colchester?? not pat, but dan cahill from parks and rec! i guess it's a sign i should go pick up that quilt sometime soon...

emily said...

oh man, if you had seen pat, what would you do? seriously.

Mandy F said...

btw Travis and Sue loved the elephant and the basket, which was oddly matching and full. Kewl.

I hope you feel better, Aziza! I was hoping to have a dance party this weekend but not without you!

Michelle said...

i love that elephant. he looks so determined.